Strong Room - a room for money or valuables specially constructed to be fireproof and burglarproof. Have started construction of Strong room for Bank in Kanakpura Road, Bangalore.
Basic Requirements: Generally design will be provided by structural engineer based on the Bank requirement but below are the bare minimum requirement
- Bedding (floor) will be minimum of 6" using double layer of 12 mm rods. Spacing between the rods should be 6" in both way.
- Retaining wall should be minimum of 9" using 12 mm of vertical rods. Spacing between the rods should be 6" in both way.
- Even if roof is concrete but better to have steel cage using double layer16 mm rods. Spacing between the rods should be 3" in both way.
- Ventilator is must for air circulation.
- Double layer of steel doors to safeguard the lockers.
- Very basic electrical points for fan and lights.
- Provision for camera.